Writer's group East Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's group East Online

A place for us to discuss anything writing and to respond to weekly writing prompts.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Famous Writer in the Making!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sarafaith

sarafaith

Famous Writer in the Making! Empty
PostSubject: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:51 am

My name is Sarah Barba, I live in Atlanta. I have been writing since I was a child. When I was in school, I knew that I wanted to write plays and TV shows and books. In high school I tried my hand at poetry but it’s not really my strong suit. As an adult, I began writing reviews of movies and TV shows and I found that to be fun and rewarding (and preferable to everyday blogging.) Then, during the Great Writer’s Strike of 2007-2008, in need of new installments of my favorite show, I tried my hand at Fan Fiction. I posted it to several sites and suddenly I had a little fan base. Since then I have branched out into a couple of small professional editing projects (which also include video.) In 2008, my good friend Vicki and I teamed up for the NaNoWriMo for our first novel writing project. We achieved the required word count and then some. In 2009 we entered again, this time with the goal that this project will one day be a TV show. My ultimate goal is to get published- whether it is for a novel, a teleplay, or editorial reviews, I won’t let anything get in my way of achieving my lifelong aspiration of being a writer. But I don't want to give you the impression that I am all hardcore driven and no fun. I love writing humor. It's one of my favorite things. I pride myself in being able to find the humor in most any situation.

What I hope to get out of this group is feedback, support, ideas and growth.

I look forward to meeting everyone and thanks for inviting me.

--Sarah
sarafaith7@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sarafaith7
*Vicki*
Admin
*Vicki*

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:22 am

Hello partner in crime - and TV scripts! I'm soooo glad you finally introduced yourself to everyone! I think you're gonna like it here! Things are just getting started thanks to Alyssa and Julie for creating this forum! Ohhh and I can't wait to see you on the 24th!!!! Are you ready for 5 days worth of knocking out the rest of Season 1's script or what??? We'll need to go out for sushi when I'm there too! LOL How cool is it going to be with one of my besties, writing, wine and fun?! LOL
Back to top Go down
sarafaith

sarafaith

PostSubject: Can't frackin' wait, Twin!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:58 am

Hope you get here soon. I have been waiting at the airport for 2 days now and starting to receive some funny looks from the Sky Caps. lol
Yes, I will be supplying us with a professional storyboard and we will get some sushi and live it up like the underemployed struggling writers we are!

--Sarah

*Vicki* wrote:
Hello partner in crime - and TV scripts! I'm soooo glad you finally introduced yourself to everyone! I think you're gonna like it here! Things are just getting started thanks to Alyssa and Julie for creating this forum! Ohhh and I can't wait to see you on the 24th!!!! Are you ready for 5 days worth of knocking out the rest of Season 1's script or what??? We'll need to go out for sushi when I'm there too! LOL How cool is it going to be with one of my besties, writing, wine and fun?! LOL
Back to top Go down
*Vicki*
Admin
*Vicki*

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 am

LMAO! Don't forget the wine!!! lol!

we will get some sushi and live it up like the underemployed struggling writers we are!

--Sarah
Back to top Go down
sarafaith

sarafaith

PostSubject: Argh   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 am

When have I ever forgotten the wine?!?!?!

*Vicki* wrote:
LMAO! Don't forget the wine!!! lol!

we will get some sushi and live it up like the underemployed struggling writers we are!

--Sarah
Back to top Go down
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:30 am

Welcome Sarah! Can't wait to see some of your work and here more about what you are doing! It makes me so happy to see such a group of dedicated and enthusiastic writers joining together here! There seems to be quite a bit of energy and this board -- it will certainly be exciting when we all get together for real!
Back to top Go down
sarafaith

sarafaith

PostSubject: Happy to be here!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks, Julie Very Happy
I am still exploring the boards here. I need some direction on what to post... I have some humor things, reviews, fan fiction and regular fiction. I also want to take a look at what my fellow members are up to Wink
I would love for all of us to meet up for real. How much fun would that be?

--Sarah

Julie wrote:
Welcome Sarah! Can't wait to see some of your work and here more about what you are doing! It makes me so happy to see such a group of dedicated and enthusiastic writers joining together here! There seems to be quite a bit of energy and this board -- it will certainly be exciting when we all get together for real!
Back to top Go down
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:18 am

Hi Sarah -- Things are kind of just taking shape, as you can see, so feel free to post whatever you would like. I myself am not too interested in putting much of my longer or more involved work up here, but it's a personal thing. The writing prompts, though, if anyone is interested in them, I'd like to keep them going...because they can be fast, fun, and keep you thinking. I'm going to try putting up little things on here and on the Facebook page about writers, writing, interesting tidbits and the like. Please feel free though to post as you see fit -- and let me know if you're on Facebook so you can check out things on there too. It will be great when we all meet up -- are you going to be able to get together in April at Alyssa's?
Back to top Go down
sarafaith

sarafaith

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:48 am

I am on facebook so send me an invite Smile
No, it's not likely that I will be able to come in April since you are meeting in Pittsburgh and I am in Atlanta. But who knows, maybe I can still swing it.

I may post some of my short humor things. I too am iffy about posting certain things so I understand completely.

--Sarah

Julie wrote:
Hi Sarah -- Things are kind of just taking shape, as you can see, so feel free to post whatever you would like. I myself am not too interested in putting much of my longer or more involved work up here, but it's a personal thing. The writing prompts, though, if anyone is interested in them, I'd like to keep them going...because they can be fast, fun, and keep you thinking. I'm going to try putting up little things on here and on the Facebook page about writers, writing, interesting tidbits and the like. Please feel free though to post as you see fit -- and let me know if you're on Facebook so you can check out things on there too. It will be great when we all meet up -- are you going to be able to get together in April at Alyssa's?
Back to top Go down
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:59 am

Oh geez -- totally missed the Atlanta thing...will look for you on FB. Definitely post some of your stuff - humor is always good. Again, really glad you joined up with us -- happy writing and I hope to talk to you again soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Famous Writer in the Making!   Famous Writer in the Making! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Famous Writer in the Making!
Page 1 of 1