Writer's group East Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's group East Online

A place for us to discuss anything writing and to respond to weekly writing prompts.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

get together for a writer's night out?

Go down 
+2
karenk
Rebecca
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebecca
Admin

get together for a writer's night out? Empty
PostSubject: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:54 am

Hey everyone -- Looking at the events Alyssa posted I wonder if
anyone would be interested in trying to check
things like that out together, a couple of us, a bunch of us (can we
qualify as a bunch yet, I don't know) whoever has time and is looking
to get out of the house for a night of writerly fun. Just a thought.

Julie
Back to top Go down
http://writerseast.poeticforum.com
karenk

PostSubject: get togethers   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

I would love to actually all get together with a couple of bottles of wine and some sheets of poetic paper and explicate & appreciate!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Admin

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 am

I think that may make the agenda no matter what else we decide to do!
Back to top Go down
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Excellent -- let's see what we can do. Should we pick an event? Should we have our own? Wine and paper sounds good to me -- I picked up some onion skin they were pitching at Pitt -- does that qualify as "poetic", Karen?
It will be great for us to all get together in person - why do I have the feeling a meeting of all these minds could lead to an all-nighter? Can't host at my house, but I'd be happy to reserve a room for dinner somewhere w/food & drink .

Julie
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Admin

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:47 pm

I can host from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:55 pm

That's great. Thanks, Alyssa. If and when you do that, I can help with food and whatnot.
Are you making a list, by the way? I sent you a giant email and now I'm going to make a list...for Wednesday Smile
Can you tell I'm kinda psyched about this, lol?
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Admin

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:13 pm

you do seem sort of interested...and I am so excited too!!! I will have a list of stuff for Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Jenna

Jenna

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 am

I'd be willing to host occasionally, but the problems are thus: my place is very small; we have three cats and a dog, so anyone with allergies would be SOL; and I think I'm pretty out of the way for several folks here. That said, I'm more than willing to help out however I can and may also be able to enlist the services of my husband, who is a cook by trade (he also writes, and I don't drive, so I might drag him along now and then anyway).

And that said, I haven't worked in a while due to my disability and the husband just lost his job, meaning we have zero income, so anything that requires money is a no-go for me right now. But if there's a meeting that involves going out to eat/drink, I'm totally cool with coming along and just not having anything, as long as it's not weird. But I will cook/bake/do other stuff to alleviate my guilt about not being able to throw up a few bucks. (Er, I suppose I should also mention that the aforementioned disability is social anxiety/PTSD, so I'll be nervous no matter what, and probably really really quiet, but it'll be a lot worse if I feel like an oddball, ha.) I'd definitely like to meet y'all, though.
Back to top Go down
http://permockable.dreamwidth.org
Rebecca
Admin

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 am

No worries there Jenna-- I am also on disability for social anxiety and panic disorder. javascript:emoticonp('Wink') In light of that you wont stick out at all. I hope to be able to make it back to work after school, which while nerve wracking has been a good thing for me. Our place here should be pretty good for hosting as I have a HUGE dining room table, and a couple of desks worth of space on my first floor. I also have cats and a dog, but we vacuum like crazy and run air cleaners because my husband has terrible allergies and asthma. He has very few problems with the animal in spite of his allergies. the only trouble is I am admittedly, a lousy cook. So any help I can get with refreshments would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping we can set up meetings for no cost places like Panera or just house host as much as possible. Eventually i may see if I can get a bookstore to host us--maybe Barnes and Noble in Monroeville as their waterfront location already hosts a group.
Back to top Go down
mkc75

mkc75

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 am

Ok so why is it when I tell my Dr. that meeting new people and doing social things scares the literal poo out of me, she laughs and says that just need to get out more?! Rolling Eyes

I have a small house, and three monkeys- - er little girls, I live in McKeesport (so don't know if that is too out of the way.) But if you all don't mind a bit of clutter and creative chaos, then I could host a few.
Back to top Go down
http://storywrite.com/Mkc75
Julie
Admin
Julie

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:11 am

If you'd like to host, that would be great. I personally don't think you'd be too out of the way. It's nice to have a change of scenery...any one else? Do you all mind criss-crossing the Pittsburgh country side for a meeting now and then?
And, let me know about what kind of other places you're comfortable as far as meetings go. Maybe we could even find a monkey-friendly venues, if need be Smile .
Back to top Go down
*Vicki*
Admin
*Vicki*

PostSubject: Meeting up with the locals sounds great!   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I can't promise that I'd be able to host a night because our place is really small and not much seating, but I'd be willing to drive and bring munchies or a bottle of wine to contribute! drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get together for a writer's night out?   get together for a writer's night out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

get together for a writer's night out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's group East Online :: What's Happening :: Events-
Jump to: