Writer's group East Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's group East Online

A place for us to discuss anything writing and to respond to weekly writing prompts.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

karen k sez hello

Go down 
+2
Rebecca
karenk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
karenk

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:10 am

What up scholarly she-peeps? I used to write; I think rather well. I had a vibe, a jaunty rhythm I fear I may have lost throughout the years. My mind used to speak in its own brand of internal rhyme, thick with pathos patter. I liked to compartmentalize and create parameters for each little problem that my brain needed to purge. Then I was accepted into a prestigious MFA program. Grad school swallowed all my creativity and became only a beacon of eye-raping light magnifying all that I didn't know. I'm Italian and Irish; I'm no good at bluffing. I'm good at arm-sweeping repartee and jilted singing after drinking too much. The pretentiousness of their academic posturing crushed me. I dropped out on 9/11/2001 and have barely written since.

I am very glad to have been invited to join the writing group with you ladies. I hope that we inspire each other and all grow a little into our own talents. Thanks to Julie and Kerry for specifically thinking of (saving?) me.
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Admin

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

Wow-- It's awesome to have you here! Your personality just jumps off the page. I hope this group helps you find your way back to the parts of writing you love without all the extraneous crap. I can't wait to read some of your work!
Back to top Go down
http://writerseast.poeticforum.com
karenk

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: thank you...   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 am

...for the warm welcome, Alyssa! I look forward to reading and contributing to the group so much. I'm so stoked about getting into some writing again! I seriously hope my insufferable, nit-picking Virgo nature helps some people keep the spine of their work intact and upright:)

Now I must go and slaughter a goat to offer to the creative muses. They like gyros, right? hehee. Sorry to be so silly, I'm just a bit giddy to be even thinking about writing again. For reals. Plus, I never forgot that most of the Beats thought you should NEVER edit your stream of consciousness, hence my insane ramblings.

sincere smiles,
k
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Admin

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 am

I find myself really looking forward to your opinions on the things I have been working on most recently. Can't wait to get together sometime soon!
Back to top Go down
http://writerseast.poeticforum.com
Julie
Admin
Julie

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Hey Karen - I can't wait to see your offerings. Btw - gyros? You're funny as hell, woman.

Julie
Back to top Go down
mkc75

mkc75

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 am

HOLD ON A SEC!!!!!! You mean the Creative Muses want goats as their sacrafices??? Ohhhhh maaaan!! affraid
Now I know why I have had problems getting a few pieces finished!! Yeesh! Thanks Karen for that tib bit!

(Oh and welcome to this here crazy group! Can't wait to read your stuff! I just have a feeling that it is going to be entertaining. Just a vibe I am getting...not sure why. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://storywrite.com/Mkc75
*Vicki*
Admin
*Vicki*

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 am

Hi Karen!

I'm a bit slow on the draw here but wanted to say welcome to the group! Judging from the introduction you posted I'm thinking that you are going to have no problem getting back into the swing of things in your writing! Goats, gyro's, sacrifices won't even be needed - I can already see your Creative Muse standing in the playground ready for action! lol It's great to have you here and can't wait to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Tawnya Riddle

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: hi Karen!   karen k sez hello Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Karen!
It is great to see you on here! I enjoyed reading your intro and remember lots of your great poems, music reviews and other writings from the literary mags and newspapers in college. I look forward to reading lots more!
T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

karen k sez hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: karen k sez hello   karen k sez hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

karen k sez hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's group East Online :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: