Writer's group East Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's group East Online

A place for us to discuss anything writing and to respond to weekly writing prompts.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question About Copyrights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darren

Question About Copyrights Empty
PostSubject: Question About Copyrights   Question About Copyrights Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 am

Are my stories protected here? I don't want people stealing my work. Should I copyright everything?
Back to top Go down
*Vicki*
Admin
*Vicki*

PostSubject: Re: Question About Copyrights   Question About Copyrights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 am

Hi Darren!

I believe that Alyssa has things set up so that any stories we post are only available for reading by members of this group only as most of us were worried about the possibility of getting our work ripped off. The public are unable to view them at all. As for copyright, if you are worried you are always able to copyright your material through the U.S. Copyright office: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl109.html

If you'd like to read what a copyright protects: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

Another suggestion is an old trick for copyrighting. Mail yourself a copy of your written works that you'd like to protect - BUT DO NOT OPEN THIS EVER. Then if there ever is a question of copyright you will have proof because of the sealed envelope and a time/date stamp from the postal markings.

Hope that helped!

Vicki
Back to top Go down
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Question About Copyrights   Question About Copyrights Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:35 am

Thank you. I've heard about mailing it to yourself. I'll look into that. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question About Copyrights   Question About Copyrights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question About Copyrights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Writer's group East Online :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: